We Need You!
One thing that we have become increasingly aware of of just how difficult it is to maintain communications with all art teachers in the state. We really need people who are willing to help us get the word out on UAEA issues and also to provide constructive feedback to help steer this association in a meaningful direction. Interested? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Scheduled Board Meetings
October 27th @ 6:00 p.m. Utah Valley University
In an attempt to better clarify and define our roles we are currently looking at job descriptions for the UAEA Board. Below is a short list and will continue to expand as we work from the core outwardly. We are always looking for good, hard working people to add their talents to the association and willing to serve on the board.
- The President Elect will work with the President and Vice President to learn the duties and responsibilities of the presidency.
- The President presides at all official meetings of the UAEA and prepare an agenda for meetings of the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors.
- The President will act as the representative of the UAEA, prepare an annual report of the UAEA activities for NAEA.
- The President will work with the Treasurer/Business Manager, the Publications Coordinator, the Conference Coordinator , and with the Membership Coordinator
- The President will appoint necessary committee chairpersons for the purpose of carrying on the activities of the UAEA.
- The President or his/her designee will also serve as a representative to the Delegates Assembly of the National Art Education Association.
- On completing the term of office the President will then serve as the Past President of the UAEA for a one-year time period.
- The Past President will serve as Chairperson of the Nominations Committee.
- The Past President will serve as the UAEA representative to the Delegates Assembly of the National Art Education Association for one year.
- The Secretary/Historian will keep an accurate record of all meetings of the Board of Directors and distribute copies to the Board of Directors and keep minutes of meetings of the Executive Committee and send copies to the Executive Committee.
- The Secretary will serve as the official historian of the Association during his/her term(s) of office.
Business Manager (Treasurer)
- The Treasurer/Business Manager will receive and disburse all monies of the association as directed by the President and the Board.
- The Treasurer/Business Manager will prepare an annual budget for the Association.
- The Treasurer/Business Manager will maintain a record of all monetary transactions of the Association and shall submit these records for audit.
- The Treasurer/Business Manager will provide frequent financial statements to all members of the Board and Regional Officers and shall present a financial report to all general membership meetings of the Association.
- The Treasurer/Business Manager will serve as Chairperson of the Finance Committee. The Treasurer/Business Manager will prepare and submit all necessary government reports.
- The Conference Coordinator shall oversee all of the activities concerning the annual conference including, but not limited to, the arrangements for speakers, exhibitions, and lodging and food contracts.
- The Coordinator will be responsible for conference publicity, registration and evaluation.
- The Coordinator will chair the Conference Committee.